POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think I need more cores... : Re: I think I need more cores... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think I need more cores...
From: Chambers
Date: 10 Feb 2008 22:46:12
Message: <47afc504$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> are you sure you're able to simultaneously browse the web, read the mail, edit a
> game map and tweak povray renders?

Well, Firefox and Thunderbird just run in the background, and every few
minutes I check them to see if anything interesting has been added :)

The POV renders are, as I said, animations that will probably run for
several more hours.  As each one finishes, it'll make more CPU time
available for the others, so they should finish faster, et cetera.

Likewise, CloneDVD (which has now finished) and Handbrake (which has
not) are background tasks.

So, that leaves UT3Ed, which was nearly unusable.  So, I took a break
from it to give Handbrake a chance to finish encoding, and played some
flash games on the web (which I found were almost as CPU intensive as UT3!)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com