POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection Server Time
12 Oct 2024 05:10:00 EDT (-0400)
  CD collection (Message 151 to 160 of 166)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: CD collection
Date: 11 Feb 2008 20:48:21
Message: <47b0fae5$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> The thing is, the watermark, in order to be meaningful, would have to re-
> encode exactly the same way.

No it wouldn't. People work on watermarks all the time that don't need
precise reencoding.

Xerox worked on systems for watermarking documents that would survive
being photocopied at the wrong size and then faxed, for example.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:48:21 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> The thing is, the watermark, in order to be meaningful, would have to
>> re- encode exactly the same way.
>
> No it wouldn't. People work on watermarks all the time that don't need
> precise reencoding.
>
> Xerox worked on systems for watermarking documents that would survive
> being photocopied at the wrong size and then faxed, for example.

I'm trying to see how that would work in a sound file, though.  Visual
watermarks are generally a different matter.

Jim

Post a reply to this message