POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection : Re: CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CD collection
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 12 Feb 2008 21:43:37
Message: <47b25959$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> That's what I recall from a music history class I took years ago.  I
> might be thinking of something else (perhaps "Simple Gifts" from
> Appalachian Spring).

That would make sense since it was definitely based on a shaker tune.
One of my favorite "folk" tunes to be honest (folk in quotes since it's
not all *that* old).  Copland's use of it is very nice too.

It is interesting though that there'll occasionally be a classical tune
that I later learn actually originated in a folk song.