POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Game opinions (Message 53 to 62 of 112)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: Game opinions
Date: 4 Feb 2008 04:53:50
Message: <op.t5zu4b1sc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sun, 03 Feb 2008 20:02:58 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake, saying:

> Warp wrote:
>> Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>>> Isn't that what God mode is for? This *is* a PC you're talking about,
>>> right?
>>    Cheating is for wimps. It's not honorable. :P
>
> While true, cheating at a solitary (single-player) game and admitting it
> doesn't seem to have any dishonor to me. Now, if you bragged you beat it
> and didn't mention you cheated, that's different.
>
> Is God mode more or less cheating than asking people online how to get
> past the problem area? :-)

Which at times is necessary due to poor story telling on the game's part.
'I've unloaded everything I've got into this boss and he's still
standing', 'Yeah run around him and press that concealed switch to turn
off the invincibilty shield', 'How the hell I was I supposed to know that?'

Likewise with cheats do you think people spend hours tapping in key
combinations such as idkfa or on consoles up down left right X, they get
released by the game studios themselves.

How about taking advantage of AI glitches?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message