POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Phil Cook
Date: 4 Feb 2008 09:23:20
Message: <op.t5z7i2hac3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:18:12 -0000, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> I can't *find* the enemy to enguage them until they reach the rebel base
>> - which gives you about 20 seconds to kill them. (!)
>
>> I also find it extremely difficult to throw the bomb, stick it to a
>> Strider, and then switch weapons fast enough to shoot it. I don't *get*
>> how all these players you see on TV manage to switch weapon in a split
>> second; it takes me ages...
>
>   Btw, have you checked at Valve's statistics page how many people have
> completed the game, even at the most difficult setting? I assume that the
> vast majority (if not all of them) did not do it with cheating codes
> (I would assume that Valve has made the game so that it won't send the
> statistic if you completed the game in cheating mode).

You'd expect.

>   This tells that it's perfectly possible to complete the game.

Okay someone find a video showing someone balancing a pencil on its point
to illustrate the difference between possible and bloody difficult.

> I completed the game. The last battle was not easy, but doable.

Unless you play it the way the game tells you to. 'Go and find that squad
by the sawmill' so off you go then it's 'incoming from the water towers'
what bloody water towers? What, you mean you didn't memorise that map on
the desk back in the base?

>   Stop talking about "it seems impossible", and just do it, because
> it's not impossible.

Just annoying, repetitive and boring. Hey look it's a Strider, oo and
another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another,
and another, and oh wait we're done. Nope silly me here's another Strider,
and another, and another, and another, and another. Gee wasn't that fun?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com