POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Feb 2008 04:54:10
Message: <47a6e0c2$1@news.povray.org>
>>>  After beating it, I learned that hunters have a vulnerability to
>>> automobile tires moving at around 45mph / 72kph.
>>
>> Yeah - good luck hitting them though. It's almost impossible to drive
>> that vehicle! I mean, it's difficult to hit the *road*, never mind a
>> bunch of nimble-footed metal cylopses...
>
> I have the same problems, but then I'm useless at almost every driving
> game there is.

Next time you go to the shops, try driving your car using only 100% left
lock, 100% right lock and center. 10 points if you can do it without
flipping your car over...

> If I had to take out a hunter I used the crossbow and restocked from the
> sheds,

It's impossible to hit anything with the crossbow - especially such fast
moving targets. (Well, no, actually it's *not* impossible - just
extremely improbable. But you get lucky every now and then...)

> mostly I'd try to either swing around and come in from the back
> to plant the bomb on the strider (then let the resistance deal with the
> hunters) or try to lob a bomb on the strider from a distance; not funny
> when the hunters target it mid-flight and destroy it, but when it worked...

I can't *find* the enemy to enguage them until they reach the rebel base
- which gives you about 20 seconds to kill them. (!)

I also find it extremely difficult to throw the bomb, stick it to a
Strider, and then switch weapons fast enough to shoot it. I don't *get*
how all these players you see on TV manage to switch weapon in a split
second; it takes me ages...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/