POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web design IE mysterium Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Web design IE mysterium (Message 41 to 50 of 52)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Web design IE mysterium
Date: 23 Jan 2008 23:14:32
Message: <479810a8@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" wrote:

>> I fixed the most and now only the H2 errors are left. I have no idea what
>> they mean.
>
> <a> can only contain inline elements, and <h2> is a block element; so
> <a><h2></h2></a> isn't allowed.

Hmm, so I have to replace the h2 with span and loose that semantic
information. Not good...

Oh well, the page validates now.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 24 Jan 2008 05:02:33
Message: <47986239@news.povray.org>
Rune <aut### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Them: Don't use tables for layout purposes!

  From the dawn of the WWW "they" have punctuated that HTML should not
be used for layout, only for content, that the layout should be separated
from the content. One argument which has always been given is that you
don't know the screen size of the user, and that some users might want
to view the page in a small hand-held device.
  "They" were right. Hand-held devices capable of viewing web pages are
becoming more and more popular every day (cellphones, handheld game
consoles...) and people are browsing the WWW with them more and more
(and suffering from all those "this site requires at least a 800x600
resolution" sites).
  People are still not paying attention. They still tell themselves that
nobody *really* browses the internet with a cellphone.

  (What I find puzzling is that "they" preached separation of content
and layout from the dawn of the WWW, yet "they" hate CSS, which is exactly
what they wanted: Total separation of content and layout. I never really
understood why. It's exactly what they wanted. But no.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message