POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New web design mock-up Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  New web design mock-up (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: New web design mock-up
Date: 17 Jan 2008 09:17:36
Message: <478f6380$1@news.povray.org>
>> In summary: I am not a graphic designer.
>
> Noone are born graphic designers... Did you miss the part above about making
> lots of bad designs before being able to make good ones?

No - but other people have been taught by professionals. ;-)

>> (Unfortunately, I lack the creativity necessary for coming up with
>> original designs - be that visual or auditory. I guess I'm too much of an
>> automaton to think for myself...)
>
> I find that it comes down to enjoying the process. Do you like working with
> designs, or are you only interested in a nice end result, and wish you
> didn't have to put all the hard work into it?

I enjoy drawing - yet still suck at it. Oh well. (Reminds me... I should
put a few online.)

> I played the synthesizer when I was a child. For many years! I learned some
> basics but never got beyond that. Basically, practising felt like a duty,
> and I'd rather sit by the computer. I would have been really cool to be
> great at playing that instrument, but obviously, I didn't have the
> enthusiasm to get there. Eventually I gave up on it and focused on what I
> liked doing, rather than what I just would have liked to be good at.

I have a large powerful synthesizer in my bedroom. (And several soft
synths. And a hardware 8-track box. And Cubase...) I enjoy playing, and
I'm very good at copying the cool tunes other people think up. But I
utterly suck at writing new material myself. I can never think of
anything that would sound good...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/