POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New web design mock-up : Re: New web design mock-up Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New web design mock-up
From: Rune
Date: 18 Jan 2008 15:28:10
Message: <47910bda@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" wrote:
>I think the design is excellent, really fantastic!  I admired the old look
>alot but I think this is an order of magnitude better.

Wow, thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)

> It seems, as I recall, that your designs have always played with outlining
> effects.  The substitution of 3d sculpting around the edges instead of the
> flat outlines is brilliant, softer but still gives delineation, and an
> added eye-pop.

:)

> The self-photo does give it an edge and grabs attention right away.  The
> good thing is that it does humanize and individualize the message as you
> intended.  The bad thing is that it is also very potent and you cannot
> control how people will respond.

That sounds right.

> My personal reaction was that it grew on me: Weird! But Ballsy! Direct. No
> Mysteries Here.  I know who I'm dealing with.

That sounds like a quite desirable reaction. I'm still in doubt about the
portrait. I'm leaning towards keeping it, but I have to consider it a bit
more. I appreciate your input, as well as Gilles' and anyone else who might
comment on it.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com