POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New web design mock-up : Re: New web design mock-up Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:11:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New web design mock-up
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Jan 2008 10:04:26
Message: <478f6e7a$1@news.povray.org>

478e5695@news.povray.org...
> The new site has a lot more focus on me as a person. The reason is to make
> it perfectly clear that there's just one person behind all the content on
> the site and also to better link the site with the person. I hope it
> doesn't come across as too narcissistic or self-centered in a bad way.

I'm not sure that having your stylised head right on the front page is a
good idea. IMHO, displaying your face *** does *** comes across as slightly
narcissistic.

Of course it depends on the kind of job you're looking for. One of our
students here made a CV on a very well-made DVD that basically showed him
running and swimming, sunbathing naked in exotic locations and organising
parties. This got him a nice job in a marketing agency who was looking for
this kind of wild personality. Companies looking for software developers may
be differently inclined though.

G.