POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Differential equations FTW! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Differential equations FTW! (Message 21 to 30 of 31)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Differential equations FTW!
Date: 9 Jan 2008 08:42:24
Message: <4784cf40$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>> http://www.falstad.com/circuit/
>
> Ah yes, another interesting toy. If only I knew what it all means...

Heh. When I was a kid, I had one of those electronics kits where you
wire things together with spring terminals. Great fun. This applet
really makes me want to run out to the local Radio Shack and grab a few
handfuls of components and a breadboard and start building stuff for the
fun of it.

> Actually, that site has a whole heap of seriously interesting stuff. I
> also enjoy playing with the digital filters and so forth.

Electron orbitals was another fun one ... I believe there's a function
in POV-Ray that generates an electron probability cloud.

Post a reply to this message

>> Ah yes, another interesting toy. If only I knew what it all means...
>
> Heh. When I was a kid, I had one of those electronics kits where you
> wire things together with spring terminals. Great fun.

Yes, I also have 3 of those in my room somewhere. (Most of them now
hopelessly broken.) That's how I first learned about logic gates, and
how neat they are.

Somewhere I've got some of that microboard and a stack of 7400s... >:-D
[I never did build that computer though...]

>> Actually, that site has a whole heap of seriously interesting stuff. I
>> also enjoy playing with the digital filters and so forth.
>
> Electron orbitals was another fun one ... I believe there's a function
> in POV-Ray that generates an electron probability cloud.

Um... sure, if it's sin() or something. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> Electron orbitals was another fun one ... I believe there's a function
>> in POV-Ray that generates an electron probability cloud.
>
> Um... sure, if it's sin() or something. ;-)

This one:

 > f_quantum(x,y,z, P0). It resembles the shape of the electron density
 > cloud for one of the d orbitals.

Post a reply to this message

>>> Electron orbitals was another fun one ... I believe there's a
>>> function in POV-Ray that generates an electron probability cloud.
>>
>> Um... sure, if it's sin() or something. ;-)
>>

> This one:
>
>  > f_quantum(x,y,z, P0). It resembles the shape of the electron density
>  > cloud for one of the d orbitals.

Ah, right. So it's in functions.inc. I've never really looked in there. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/