POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  This is scary stuff (Message 7 to 16 of 76)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: This is scary stuff
Date: 27 Dec 2007 14:01:36
Message: <4773f690@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote:
> This is to say, they're specifically interested in stopping the next
> Nazi regime

  By building up a similar regime of censorship, propaganda and limitation
of basic human rights.

  Honestly, how probable it is, in the current world, that a "nazi regime"
can form, even without these types of totalitarian laws, especially given
that we are talking about Europe? I think it's next to nil.
  If a country starts behaving in ways similar to the nazi party, it will
quickly be shut down by surrounding countries. I don't believe there is
any danger of this happening.

> not playing Big Brother to your personal dislike of
> Mohammed McMuslim

  They will attack any webpages which are critical of islam and/or
immigration in general, using the new laws. Heck, it's happening already
even without any supporting laws, there isn't even need to predict it. When
their behavior gets de jure support, it can only become ten times worse.
(We have precedent: The RIAA and the DMCA.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message