POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is scary stuff : Re: This is scary stuff Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is scary stuff
From: Tim Cook
Date: 27 Dec 2007 14:08:07
Message: <4773f817$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   If someone writes in his webpage his opinion that immigration is
> detrimental to the western society, can that be considered "material
> containing expressions of xenophobia"? Technically it *is* xenophobia
> (regardless of whether it's based on rational argumentation or not).

I'd say it depends on how vehement it is.  If it's just "ho hum, I don't
really like these immigrants, they're taking our jobs and diluting our
culture the way cultures have been being diluted and turned into what
are really other cultures since forever", it'll have a different
reception than "stupid foreigners with their lazy lifestyles that are
incapable of doing anything on their own merit that are robbing our pure
and decent hardworking close families and talking so I can't understand
them and we gotta drive them out and bomb their homelands and cross the
street when you see one on the sidewalk because they're dirty and so forth".

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com