POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Flipside has won IGF Student Showcase Award Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Flipside has won IGF Student Showcase Award (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Rune
Subject: Flipside has won IGF Student Showcase Award
Date: 22 Dec 2007 08:53:51
Message: <476d16ef@news.povray.org>
Just a quick note that the game I participated in creating (as lead
programmer) in May this year, FLIPSIDE (http://www.playflipside.com), has
won the Independent Game Festival 2008 Student Showcase Award, as one of the
12 finalist games out of the 125 entries.
http://www.igf.com/02finalists.html

The winner out of the 12 finalists will be awarded on February 20 at the GDC
in San Francisco, but unfortunately it's pretty expensive to travel there
here from Denmark, so I won't be able to show up.

In other news, I did get that arrangement with the game engine company Unity
Technologies about writing my master thesis in collaboration with them.
Basically what I'll be doing is like my "Walking System" I made for POV-Ray
back in 2001, but "done right" this time, which is a bit easier in a
framework that already supports skeletal keyframe animation. They've already
lent me a MacBook (their authoring tool only runs on Mac so far). I look
very much forward to it, and if it goes well, there's a good chance that
they'll offer me a job afterwards.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message

Extreme congratulations on your ability to live out the dream most of us
probably have-- the ability to get paid (to break even?)  on doing pov.

Would be interested in more details about what kind of product or code you're
producing in walking.

Post a reply to this message

> Just a quick note that the game I participated in creating (as lead
> programmer) in May this year, FLIPSIDE (http://www.playflipside.com), has
> won the Independent Game Festival 2008 Student Showcase Award, as one of the
> 12 finalist games out of the 125 entries.
> http://www.igf.com/02finalists.html

Congratulations. I do remember you announcing the game here. For those
like me that don't want to install HL2 to play it, there are some
youtube videos of the game.

> The winner out of the 12 finalists will be awarded on February 20 at the GDC
> in San Francisco, but unfortunately it's pretty expensive to travel there
> here from Denmark, so I won't be able to show up.
>
> In other news, I did get that arrangement with the game engine company Unity
> Technologies about writing my master thesis in collaboration with them.
> Basically what I'll be doing is like my "Walking System" I made for POV-Ray
> back in 2001, but "done right" this time, which is a bit easier in a
> framework that already supports skeletal keyframe animation. They've already
> lent me a MacBook (their authoring tool only runs on Mac so far). I look
> very much forward to it, and if it goes well, there's a good chance that
> they'll offer me a job afterwards.
>
> Rune

Post a reply to this message