POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Flipside has won IGF Student Showcase Award : Re: Flipside has won IGF Student Showcase Award Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flipside has won IGF Student Showcase Award
From: andrel
Date: 22 Dec 2007 14:44:40
Message: <476D692E.60609@hotmail.com>
Rune wrote:
> Just a quick note that the game I participated in creating (as lead
> programmer) in May this year, FLIPSIDE (http://www.playflipside.com), has
> won the Independent Game Festival 2008 Student Showcase Award, as one of the
> 12 finalist games out of the 125 entries.
> http://www.igf.com/02finalists.html
>
> The winner out of the 12 finalists will be awarded on February 20 at the GDC
> in San Francisco, but unfortunately it's pretty expensive to travel there
> here from Denmark, so I won't be able to show up.

Forgot to reply to that. I think it is both interesting and good for
your later career if you would go there. I did not check but I guess

for a hotel for a couple of nights. That one could be solved if we can
find a fellow POVer in California with a spare room. If we can find one,
that leaves the ticket. I think it might be a good investment to pay a
part of that, especially if others here feel the same. On the condition
of course that you'll be wearing a 'sponsored by povray.off-topic' t-shirt.