POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now here's a good waste of time Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Now here's a good waste of time (Message 21 to 30 of 64)
From: Dan Byers
Subject: Re: Now here's a good waste of time
Date: 12 Dec 2007 17:05:01
Message: <web.47605a1615e9de23a8d0b25a0@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:

> Hmm, maybe Brook's Magic Kingdom For Sale. Heinlein's Glory Road comes
> to mind, too.

I grew up on Brooks' "Shannara" series (LOTR for dummies, like me).  Never read
the "Magic Kingdom" series, though.  I was under the impression that was
fantasy, not sci-fi...

Dan
--
See my movies -- http://goofygraffix.com
Read my blog  -- http://goofygraffix.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:01:50 -0500, Dan Byers wrote:

> Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, maybe Brook's Magic Kingdom For Sale. Heinlein's Glory Road comes
>> to mind, too.
>
> I grew up on Brooks' "Shannara" series (LOTR for dummies, like me).
> Never read the "Magic Kingdom" series, though.  I was under the
> impression that was fantasy, not sci-fi...

Been a long time since I read the Shannara series.  I also liked Eddings
and Feist's books (Faerie Tale was one of my favourites)

Jim

Post a reply to this message