POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now here's a good waste of time : Re: Now here's a good waste of time Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now here's a good waste of time
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 12 Dec 2007 20:41:35
Message: <47608dcf$1@news.povray.org>
Dan Byers wrote:
> Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at vtSPAM.edu"> wrote:
>> Hmm, maybe Brook's Magic Kingdom For Sale. Heinlein's Glory Road comes
>> to mind, too.
>
> I grew up on Brooks' "Shannara" series (LOTR for dummies, like me).  Never read
> the "Magic Kingdom" series, though.  I was under the impression that was
> fantasy, not sci-fi...

It's been ages since I read it. I just recalled the start of it,
something about an amulet that transported a person from a spot just a
few miles up the road from me into another world.

Guess the difference in that is if it's science that transports him,
it's fantastical scifi. If it's magic, it's fantasy. Guess I need to
re-read it and find out.