POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correc= Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correc= (Message 1 to 10 of 82)
From: delle
Subject: ANN: New, open-source, free software rendering system for physically correc=
Date: 22 Oct 2007 11:05:01
Message: <web.471cbb5fa19b477d27eef15b0@news.povray.org>
LuxRender is a new, open-source, free software rendering system for
physically correct, unbiased image synthesis.

http://www.luxrender2.org/

Rendering with LuxRender means simulating light according to physical
equations, this produces realistic photographic quality images.

It's an authorized fork of the PBRT project, focusing on production
rendering and artistic efficiency.

Please read our Features and Goals and philosophy pages for more
information.

Why another unbiased renderer ? Read our FAQs page for details.

LuxRender comprises an interactive GUI, a command line tool, and Blender
exporter plugins.
For developers, we also provide a C/C++ API allowing to embed LuxRender into
third-party applications.

LuxRender runs on GNU/Linux, MS-Windows(R) and MacOS X(R) platforms.

If you would like to show your support for our project, please register on
our forums and leave us a message.

HELP WANTED: Ask not what your renderer can do for you, but what you can do
for your renderer.

Post a reply to this message

> Rendering with LuxRender means simulating light according to physical
> equations, this produces realistic photographic quality images.

  Fancy words, but what do they actually mean?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message