POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New puzzle/logic game Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  New puzzle/logic game (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: scott
Subject: Re: New puzzle/logic game
Date: 12 Oct 2007 03:02:48
Message: <470f1c18$1@news.povray.org>
>> - One is purely me, I hate bright light and you made the game with
>> simulated overexposure, even though white is just as white as always, it
>> still annoys me.
>
> I got an e-mail about that very same thing. I didn't realize it would be
> so annoying...

Leave it as an option though - I like it :-)

>> - from level 5 on they have all the same difficulty level. (unless very
>> high levels have more light) As soon as you don't see an obvious answer
>
> Hmm, I tested it, and I don't get the same problem.

It took me a few goes to realise the board was randomly generated by
"switching" a few squares before showing the board.  I always got stuck with
a board with 2 lights on in the bottom row and cannot work out how to get
them off.  If I am unlucky I get this on level 3 or 4.  After about 100
random clicks it then looks solvable, but often I just restarted the
program.

Oh yeh, there should be a button to start again at level 1.

>> At last you need more variation in the boards.
>
> How so? Boards with different shapes?

Yeh, or just label certain squares as "always off", which is essentially the
same thing.  Or allow the "toggle 4 neighbours" rule to change, I remember a
game once where clicking each square toggled a random (but constant)
selection of squares on the whole board.  Was pretty fun.

> The difficulty does rise rather steeply. As I said previously, if enough
> people like it, I'll improve on it. For now, I'll let it sit and collect
> dust.

Yep, that's what always happens to my projects too :-)  Right this moment I
am about 60% through writing a game, but now I have an idea for a better one
which I want to start on right away!  I have no incentive really to finish
off the first game.

Post a reply to this message