POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New puzzle/logic game : Re: New puzzle/logic game Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New puzzle/logic game
From: nemesis
Date: 2 Nov 2007 11:40:01
Message: <web.472b5288e818cbef2c10637b0@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:
> Oh and the source for my game is only about 250K, so I guess it's pretty
> small compared to a GTK+ interface to jigdo, whatever that is :-)

GTK+ interfaces these days are XML-generated code which is parsed and built in
run-time.  They tend to be pretty small in contrast to code them directly pure
C GTK+ API.  Still, even the most heavy hand-coded C interfaces in GTK+ are not
as large as the GTK+ libs themselves.  Your application interface code will
always be in the K marks.

How about comparing the GTK+ lib to the DirectX or Windows.Forms libs instead?

btw, of course I couldn't run the game.