POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New puzzle/logic game : Re: New puzzle/logic game Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New puzzle/logic game
From: scott
Date: 2 Nov 2007 09:51:40
Message: <472b397c@news.povray.org>
>>> Wow, you reached a whole 60% of completion on a project before having
>>> another idea... *jealous*
>>
>> Yeh it's pretty unusual for me - although it's been stuck at 60% for the
>> last few weeks now because I've been too busy.  I just need to implement
>> AI and a menu system and it should be pretty much finished...  AI could
>> turn out to be more than 40% though... :-)
>>

> Last few weeks? That's nothing. Quote of a program FAQ:
> "A GTK+ interface to jigdo is being worked on. Unfortunately, it's been
> 80% done for over 1.5 years, so don't hold your breath for its release."

Hehe, I made the unusual (for me) step this time to record each day what I
had done.  Most of the work I did during August and the beginning of
September.  I had a break at the end of September for several reasons, and
then had another burst of progress during most of October.

Since then I have been much busier at work with several trips away and I've
been trying to organise moving to a new apartment at the end of November,
and I'm out of the country all next week for a training course!  I don't
really see myself getting much more done in 2007...

Oh and the source for my game is only about 250K, so I guess it's pretty
small compared to a GTK+ interface to jigdo, whatever that is :-)