POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended (Message 70 to 79 of 89)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
Date: 7 Jan 2009 16:11:25
Message: <8i6am4ls57u5aed1br8r1h182al26n4g0v@4ax.com>
On 7 Jan 2009 16:03:11 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 20:22:09 -0500, nemesis wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure you or Jim accept prayers for any help.
>
>As you should probably remember from an earlier discussion along these
>lines, I'd be happy to do an incantation for you to increase your
>understanding as reciprocity for yours. :-)

No one asked me and I refuse nothing except blows. I think that I will sulk :P
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Jan 2009 17:48:42
Message: <4965314a$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 21:11:22 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 7 Jan 2009 16:03:11 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 20:22:09 -0500, nemesis wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure you or Jim accept prayers for any help.
>>
>>As you should probably remember from an earlier discussion along these
>>lines, I'd be happy to do an incantation for you to increase your
>>understanding as reciprocity for yours. :-)
>>

> No one asked me and I refuse nothing except blows. I think that I will
> sulk :P

LOL

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 7 Jan 2009 18:20:00
Message: <web.4965377f38d99482e44542980@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > Sometimes you can't ask your employees to do the job for you, you have to do it
> > yourself. ;)
>
> I'm confused. Satan is God's employee?  I'm not sure I've heard that before.

Tongue in cheek?

This discussion already became incredibly convoluted (again), but I'll answer
your question.

> >> If you were talking to a strange man, like at a bus stop or a restaurant or
> >> something, and you realized he's gay and hitting on you. How would you feel?
> >> What do you think would be your visceral reaction? (If it has already
> >> happened, what *was* your reaction?)
> >
> > I'm a pretty humorous guy, but also quite shy.  I'd probably just ignore him.
>
> I'm asking what you'd feel inside. What would be your gut emotional
> reaction?  Just curious... if you don't mind answering.
>
> > If you want to know if I would punch the guy, then no, most likely not.  I like
> > balance, not conflict.  Or counterbalance. ;)
>
> No, I'm asking whether you'd be pleased, disgusted, afraid...

Neither of these options.  More like awkward.

Post a reply to this message

>>> Sometimes you can't ask your employees to do the job for you, you have to do it
>>> yourself. ;)
>> I'm confused. Satan is God's employee?  I'm not sure I've heard that before.
>
> Tongue in cheek?

No. God tempted Job, hardened Pharoh's heart (hence putting obstacles before
Moses) and tried to get Abraham to refuse his orders by making them odious.

I haven't any idea what employee you're talking about, but Satan wasn't
doing any of those things.

>> No, I'm asking whether you'd be pleased, disgusted, afraid...
> Neither of these options.  More like awkward.

Fair enough. Thanks for the answer.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?