POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Jan 2009 01:35:00
Message: <4966f014@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> In point of fact yes. In the original OT, Satan was simply the angel
> employed to do sick and evil things to people, as a test of their faith.

That's what I figured, yes, but I didn't think anyone who thinks God is
loving and kind would admit it.

> It only looks like a consistent fable, in which Satan was always God's
> adversary, if literally the "only" religious history you ever read is
> the one that claims it.

Not even then, actually. God's a right bastard in the very first story in
the Bible, and pretty much keeps it up thru the old testament at least.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?