POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Create organic creatures Server Time
4 May 2024 00:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Create organic creatures (Message 11 to 20 of 41)
From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: Create organic creatures
Date: 28 Jun 2014 09:15:00
Message: <web.53aebec27d8fd0597a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 24/06/2014 3:33 PM, Altair wrote:
> > Hello everybody
> >
> > I just installed the 3.7 povray version in Linux Debian and I have a question:
> > how I can create any organic creature (human, dog, cat, etc) and export it to
> > povray?.
> >
> > I see Blender, Wings3D and K3d, but I am not sure if this is the way.
> >

> You really need a program like Poser or Daz 3D.
>
> Daz 3D is free.
> Enjoy!
>
> http://www.daz3d.com/
>

> --
> Regards
>      Stephen
>
> I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.

:) :) :)
Use Autodesk Maya and V-Ray

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 28 Jun 2014 09:46:13
Message: <53aec725@news.povray.org>
Am 28.06.2014 15:01, schrieb LanuHum:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 28/06/2014 8:15 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> LOL
>>>
>>> Be warned ye all who model!
>>
>> I don't know, Thomas.
>> I've heard much better curses and threats than that.
>> "I'll push my hand down your throat and pull out your still beating heart."
>> Will stay with me for a few more years yet. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> If you such kind why you don't say to the person, what are free means? I to whom
> here write? That you advertized Poser? To me to spit! I will take your program,
> and I will use it, and for thanks wait from Poser
>
> At you not to pull out heart, you don't have it!

Um... I'm not /entirely/ sure whether that's russian humor, or genuine
intention to start a flame war...

(scratches head, worrying)

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jun 2014 10:47:29
Message: <53aed581$1@news.povray.org>
On 28-6-2014 15:10, LanuHum wrote:
> :) :) :)
> Use Autodesk Maya and V-Ray

<grin> those are not free ;-) (or only for students)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 28 Jun 2014 11:29:55
Message: <53aedf73$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/06/2014 2:01 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 28/06/2014 8:15 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> LOL
>>>
>>> Be warned ye all who model!
>>
>> I don't know, Thomas.
>> I've heard much better curses and threats than that.
>> "I'll push my hand down your throat and pull out your still beating heart."
>> Will stay with me for a few more years yet. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> If you such kind why you don't say to the person, what are free means? I to whom
> here write? That you advertized Poser? To me to spit! I will take your program,
> and I will use it, and for thanks wait from Poser
>
> At you not to pull out heart, you don't have it!

Sorry LanuHum I did not think that you would take it as an attack on
you. It was an aside to Thomas a literary one. I do apologise. No
offence meant.
I actually heard those words with my own ears. Years ago on an oil rig
in the Atlantic. The driller said it to the mud engineer when he told
him some bad news.

Your work is much appreciated.

I take it that you are an "all software should be free" person?
I lean that way myself but if needs must (no other alternative).
Anyway the first version of Poser, I say again, Poser, :-P was free and
my wife bought me a couple of upgrades for birthdays. So please don't
put me up against the wall. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.

Post a reply to this message

> >> I don't know, Thomas.
> >> I've heard much better curses and threats than that.
> >> "I'll push my hand down your throat and pull out your still beating heart."
> >> Will stay with me for a few more years yet. :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >>       Stephen
> >
> > If you such kind why you don't say to the person, what are free means? I to whom
> > here write? That you advertized Poser? To me to spit! I will take your program,
> > and I will use it, and for thanks wait from Poser
> >
> > At you not to pull out heart, you don't have it!
>
> Um... I'm not /entirely/ sure whether that's russian humor, or genuine
> intention to start a flame war...
>
> (scratches head, worrying)

Anybody doesn't declare war. It is simple, interesting why, knowing, what there
are exporters from the Blender in Povray, advise such unreasonable decision? ? ?
Create human in Blender, import to OBJ, then import to DAZ, then import to
Poser, then import to Povray...
Oh? mama mia!
Include addon Povray and press Render button

Post a reply to this message