POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fresnel Reflection Server Time
2 Jun 2024 10:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Fresnel Reflection (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Crippso
Subject: Fresnel Reflection
Date: 29 Mar 2012 18:55:01
Message: <web.4f74e7b1541dd2f6130037650@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm still struggling to correctly draw simple scenes using fresnel
reflection and photons (code below). Any idea why this code doesnt show the box?
with ior = 5 I expected to see the box being about 0.44 intensity

thanks
Stu

#default {finish {ambient 0 diffuse 0}}

global_settings{assumed_gamma 1 max_trace_level 50 photons{spacing 0.001}}
camera{orthographic location <0,0,1> look_at <0,0,0> angle 90}
light_source{<0,0,2>,1 parallel point_at 0}
box{<-.5,-.5,0.1> <.5,.5,0> pigment{rgb 1} finish{reflection{0,1 fresnel}
conserve_energy} interior{ior 5.0} photons{target reflection on refraction on}}

Post a reply to this message