POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fresnel Reflection : Re: Fresnel Reflection Server Time
28 Sep 2024 07:37:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fresnel Reflection
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 1 Apr 2012 09:22:58
Message: <4f7856b2@news.povray.org>
Crippso wrote:

> thanks Clipka, ok so I try the code below to try and see the fresnel reflected
> light from the mirror onto a diffuse disc but it still doesnt work. Am i doing
> something wrong?

shooting photons perpependicular to the mirror surface as
in your setup is precisely where fresnel reflection is 0.
I moved the mirror and light and get a rectangle on the
disc that is the reflected image of the box.

Also note that the diffuse surface does not require
a photon block as it should not be a target, and collect
is on by default. Also you'll get a more interesting
reflection if you remove parallel and point_at.

#local p_start  = 0.1;
#local p_end_final = 0.05;

#local final_eb  = 0.5;
#local final_count = 50000;

#default {finish {ambient 0 diffuse 0}}

global_settings
{
   assumed_gamma 1
   max_trace_level 50 photons{count 575000}
}

camera
{
   orthographic
   location <0,0,1>
   look_at  <0,0,-1>
   angle 90
}

light_source{<10,0,-1>, 1 parallel point_at <5,0,2>}

box
{
   <-0.5,-0.5,2> <0.5,0.5,3>
   pigment{rgbt 1}