POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fresnel Reflection : Re: Fresnel Reflection Server Time
27 Jun 2024 17:00:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fresnel Reflection
From: clipka
Date: 1 Apr 2012 10:03:29
Message: <4f786031$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.04.2012 13:58, schrieb Crippso:

> thanks Clipka, ok so I try the code below to try and see the fresnel reflected
> light from the mirror onto a diffuse disc but it still doesnt work. Am i doing
> something wrong?

Aside from what Christian already mentioned, you should be ok now -
theoretically. Unfortunately, in POV-Ray 3.7 release candidates RC4 and
RC5, photons reflection doesn't work properly due to a stupid bug,
behaving always as if "reflection off" was specified; so you're
currently limited to exploring the effects of refraction. (See thread
"Photons not working as expected?" in povray.beta-test)