POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dymaxion projection .povs to meshes conversion Server Time
28 Jun 2024 06:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Dymaxion projection .povs to meshes conversion (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Beluga
Subject: Dymaxion projection .povs to meshes conversion
Date: 30 Oct 2011 09:45:01
Message: <web.4ead54b9fe5f925534ad806d0@news.povray.org>
I would like to convert the frames of this cool dymaxion projection animation to
meshes, like .obj or similar format:
http://www.westnet.com/~crywalt/unfold.html

The .povs are in 3.5 or 3.6 format. I've tried 3DWin, pov2mesh command line and
Bishop3D, but no luck. With Bishop3D, I commented out stuff in the includes that
were causing errors (like quadric), but the final error was in the actual .povs:
clipped_by.

Any suggestions?

Post a reply to this message