POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dymaxion projection .povs to meshes conversion : Re: Dymaxion projection .povs to meshes conversion Server Time
30 Jun 2024 14:58:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dymaxion projection .povs to meshes conversion
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Oct 2011 17:39:56
Message: <4eadc42c$1@news.povray.org>
On 30/10/2011 7:20 PM, Beluga wrote:

> Thanks for the advice, although Bishop3D's interpretation of the mesh is quite..
> imploded: http://imgur.com/f0cpY
> 3DWin and pov2mesh remain unable to do anything.

I've never been able to get pov2mesh to work satisfactorily. But when I
did a quick test of the first object in the first file it looked okay. I
will to do proper test tomorrow. In the past I replaced the (clipped_by)
plane with a box in the difference. It seemed to work okay in my test.

2nd thought. Did you evaluate all objects? Commands > Evaluate all scene
objects.

And as for B3D you might get additional support on the forums as
StephenS is more active there. http://www.bishop3d.com/forum/index.php

Regards
     Stephen