POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours? Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:37:45 EDT (-0400)
  POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: gnu uzer
Subject: POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours?
Date: 1 Sep 2009 18:05:00
Message: <web.4a9d996d2aa5613812bdfb830@news.povray.org>
I installed POVRAY 3.7 Beta 34 on a Vista 64 Ultimate machine, and it was quite
happy to render an animation (started from an ini file) for almost 1600 frames,
or about 18 hours on an AMD quad core.  At this point, POVRAY reported an error
regarding not being able to find the input file, despite trying an extension
blah, blah, blah.  My question is:  how could things go so well for 18 hours,
and then just tank?

Post a reply to this message

>I installed POVRAY 3.7 Beta 34 on a Vista 64 Ultimate machine, and it was
>quite
> happy to render an animation (started from an ini file) for almost 1600
> frames,
> or about 18 hours on an AMD quad core.  At this point, POVRAY reported an
> error
> regarding not being able to find the input file, despite trying an
> extension
> blah, blah, blah.  My question is:  how could things go so well for 18
> hours,
> and then just tank?

I'm just guessing, but it could be ...
(1) a small memory leak / out of memory.
(2) you overheated the CPU.
(3) the HD is getting older and flipped a bit.
(4) too many open files.
(5) somthing different (image map?) was loaded on the failed frame.
(5) something else =/

Just restart the animation on the frame where it failed.

Post a reply to this message