POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours? : Re: POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:42:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours?
From: gnu uzer
Date: 2 Sep 2009 15:10:00
Message: <web.4a9ec1fb8b34327412bdfb830@news.povray.org>
I suspect it's a memory leak because there was nothing different about the
failed frame, I had no other files open, the HD is only a year old, and an
overheated CPU should have cooled after the error, thereby giving me a bunch of
frames before overheating again.  Instead, I only got a few frames after
restarting the animation.  However, closing POVRAY, and then restarting the
animation seemed to produce much better results.  I suspect, though, that once
I check it again, it'll have failed - again suggesting that it takes many hours
for the leak to take its toll.