POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours? : Re: POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:34:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours?
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Sep 2009 16:27:04
Message: <a8lt959flnbhcg9l58epgj8nlh48qfk2ko@4ax.com>
On Wed,  2 Sep 2009 15:05:31 EDT, "gnu_uzer" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I suspect, though, that once
>I check it again, it'll have failed - again suggesting that it takes many hours
>for the leak to take its toll.

Have a look at the performance tab in the task manager. If the memory usage
"sawtooths" upwards then it probably is a memory leak. This used to happen in
Pov 3.5 IIRC. As I workaround I used to split my animations into batches in ini
files and use the file queue to run them one after the other.

--

Regards
     Stephen