POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours? : POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  POVRAY throughs an error after 18 hours?
From: gnu uzer
Date: 1 Sep 2009 18:05:00
Message: <web.4a9d996d2aa5613812bdfb830@news.povray.org>
I installed POVRAY 3.7 Beta 34 on a Vista 64 Ultimate machine, and it was quite
happy to render an animation (started from an ini file) for almost 1600 frames,
or about 18 hours on an AMD quad core.  At this point, POVRAY reported an error
regarding not being able to find the input file, despite trying an extension
blah, blah, blah.  My question is:  how could things go so well for 18 hours,
and then just tank?