POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Atmospherics and bounding spheres Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  Atmospherics and bounding spheres (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: milco2006
Subject: Atmospherics and bounding spheres
Date: 13 Jun 2007 19:35:01
Message: <web.46707e32db36b4cb7be7ef4b0@news.povray.org>
Apologies for posting this message initially in the advanced users section
and then moving it over here but firstly it wasnt as likely to get answered
over there and also not so sure it is an advanced question anymore.

My question arises from trying to use two atmospheric affects in the one
picture. One of these is a bounded shape with the atmosphere not taking up
the whole bounding shape, the other is a much much larger (almost unbounded
in
x-z plane) shape with a bit of scattering media. Note that the smaller
shapes are not inside the bigger ones. My problem is that the bounding
spheres used for the small shapes seem to show when I use the second
atmoshere filled shape and it is between the small bounded shapes and the
camera. Is there any way to eliminate this? Also a short explanation of why
would be interesting.
Thanks

~Malcolm

Post a reply to this message

> Apologies for posting this message initially in the advanced users section
> and then moving it over here but firstly it wasnt as likely to get
> answered
> over there and also not so sure it is an advanced question anymore.
>
> My question arises from trying to use two atmospheric affects in the one
> picture. One of these is a bounded shape with the atmosphere not taking up
> the whole bounding shape, the other is a much much larger (almost
> unbounded
> in
> x-z plane) shape with a bit of scattering media. Note that the smaller
> shapes are not inside the bigger ones. My problem is that the bounding
> spheres used for the small shapes seem to show when I use the second
> atmoshere filled shape and it is between the small bounded shapes and the
> camera. Is there any way to eliminate this? Also a short explanation of
> why
> would be interesting.
> Thanks

Did you use emision in one of the medias? It's hard to diagnose witthout
seeing your media... also the bounding boxes of medias shouldn't overlap.

Post a reply to this message