POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Atmospherics and bounding spheres : Atmospherics and bounding spheres Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Atmospherics and bounding spheres
From: milco2006
Date: 13 Jun 2007 19:35:01
Message: <web.46707e32db36b4cb7be7ef4b0@news.povray.org>
Apologies for posting this message initially in the advanced users section
and then moving it over here but firstly it wasnt as likely to get answered
over there and also not so sure it is an advanced question anymore.

My question arises from trying to use two atmospheric affects in the one
picture. One of these is a bounded shape with the atmosphere not taking up
the whole bounding shape, the other is a much much larger (almost unbounded
in
x-z plane) shape with a bit of scattering media. Note that the smaller
shapes are not inside the bigger ones. My problem is that the bounding
spheres used for the small shapes seem to show when I use the second
atmoshere filled shape and it is between the small bounded shapes and the
camera. Is there any way to eliminate this? Also a short explanation of why
would be interesting.
Thanks

~Malcolm