POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : More on memory problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  More on memory problem (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Greg Williams
Subject: More on memory problem
Date: 18 Jun 2006 01:25:01
Message: <web.4494e322d6d7cf6788d0c51c0@news.povray.org>
When I try to open my large file (337 MB) I get a -5000 error message saying
the file can't be used. When I click "OK", the window closes and POV_Ray
starts parsing tokens. This goes on for a bit more than five minutes,
parsing about 410000K tokens. Then the render stalls for a couple of
minutes, and after a while the render status bar read "Relclaiming memory".
After another minute, the "Out of memory" error menitoned in my previous
message appearrs on the Message window and the render shuts down.

This happens when I have nothing other than POV-Ray open. Can I fix this in
some way, or is the file just too big for the amount of RAM I have on my G5
(1.5 GB)?

Thanks,

Greg

Post a reply to this message