POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : More on memory problem : Re: More on memory problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More on memory problem
From: Greg Williams
Date: 18 Jun 2006 21:40:00
Message: <web.44960052778bc53f88d0c51c0@news.povray.org>
Wait! I did make a discovery about the access issue. For some reason, for
this file, I had read but not write privileges, so I couldn't change the
file structure. I don't know why this one file was different from any of my
others, but for some reason, it was different nonetheless.

I gave my self access to write, and the -5000 error did indeed go away.
Excellent! Thank you, very much.

However, that doesn't solve the memory error problem. I still get:

Parse Error: Out of memory.  Cannot allocate 272 bytes for pattern
transform.
File Ca2+Surface.pov line 4827160

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with POV-Ray, however, so I'll stop
pestering about it. I'll work on the Visualizer end to decrease the file
size, if possible.

Thanks again for the help.

Greg