POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : More on memory problem : Re: More on memory problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More on memory problem
From: Greg Williams
Date: 19 Jun 2006 11:15:01
Message: <web.4496bf2e778bc53f88d0c51c0@news.povray.org>
I tried both Mac and WIndows, and neither was able to finish the job.
Neither one of them is a whimpy computer, either. I was able to go back to
the source program, and remove enough scene elements to cut the file size
from about 335 MB to about 250, and that has worked for me. So I'm
narrowing in on the limits of what POV-Ray can handle on my computers.

Greg