POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Unable to view images while rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Unable to view images while rendering (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Bobby
Subject: Unable to view images while rendering
Date: 11 Jan 2004 18:40:02
Message: <web.4001de4b8e504ec4bf698f0e0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I'm having a problem trying to view the images while rendering on linux.

I have xv installed as my image viewer but I can not get povray to show me
the images progressivly while it renders the file?

I'm using the command povray +D myscene.pov

I searched through the manuals as well as this list but could not find
anything relevant.

Thanks for your help,

Bobby

Post a reply to this message

> I'm having a problem trying to view the images while rendering on linux.
>
> I have xv installed as my image viewer but I can not get povray to show me
> the images progressivly while it renders the file?
>
> I'm using the command povray +D myscene.pov
>
> I searched through the manuals as well as this list but could not find
> anything relevant.
>
> Thanks for your help,

Just thinking off the top of my head:

1. Try putting: "Display=true" in your .ini file instead.
2. If you're not using a povray.ini file, it's a lot easier to deal with
than command-line switches.
3. Also, try "povray myscene.pov -display localhost:0" and see if that
works.
4. If that doesn't work, try "xhost +", and then step 3.

Post a reply to this message