POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Unable to view images while rendering : Re: Unable to view images while rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unable to view images while rendering
From: Bobby
Date: 12 Jan 2004 20:00:02
Message: <web.400342a56d14ca17bf698f0e0@news.povray.org>
>First, I gotta ask -- you are running an XServer, right? :-)

Yip! I'm logged into X using Fluxbox as my Wm.

>Try this once for hits and shiggles:
>povray povray.ini -geometry +0+0
>Maybe the window is going off-screen for some freaky reason? That will keep
>it snuggled and warm at 0,0.

I get an error with the -geometry flag :(

--------
Possible Command Line Error: Unknown switch 'geometry'.
--------

>Also, what is your DISPLAY variable set to?
>To see, type: echo $DISPLAY in a shell.

$echo $Display
$ :0.0

>Maybe it is redirecting elsewhere for some reason?
>If it is, try setting DISPLAY to localhost

I tried this as well...
export DISPLAY=localhost

Still no go. I just don't get it. I think my computer is possessed!
Any other thoughts? It's bugging the hell out of me!

Thanks for your help,

Bobby