POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Unable to view images while rendering : Re: Unable to view images while rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unable to view images while rendering
From: Bobby
Date: 11 Jan 2004 21:20:02
Message: <web.400204376d14ca17bf698f0e0@news.povray.org>
>Just thinking off the top of my head:
>
>1. Try putting: "Display=true" in your .ini file instead.
>2. If you're not using a povray.ini file, it's a lot easier to deal with
>than command-line switches.
>3. Also, try "povray myscene.pov -display localhost:0" and see if that
>works.
>4. If that doesn't work, try "xhost +", and then step 3.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just tried all that you mentioned and sadly none of
them worked :(

The strange thing is, on my old linux workstation everything worked as it
should but on my laptop, is where I'm having the problems.

Is there a place where I need to tell povray to use xv as the image viewer?
Or is there someplace else (on linux) where I need to make xv my default
image viewer?

If this helps, here's a snippet from my rendering log:
Parsing Options
  Input file: polygon.pov (compatible to version 3.5)
  Remove bounds........On  Split unions........Off
  Library paths: /usr/share/povray-3.5 /usr/share/povray-3.5/include
Output Options
  Image resolution 320 by 240 (rows 1 to 240, columns 1 to 320).
  Output file: polygon.png, 24 bpp PNG
  Graphic display......On  (type: 0, palette: 3, gamma:  2.2)
  Mosaic preview......Off
  CPU usage histogram.Off
  Continued trace.....Off  Allow interruption..Off  Pause when done.....Off
  Verbose messages.....On

Redirecting Options
  All Streams to console.........Off
  Debug Stream to console.........On