POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Unable to view images while rendering : Re: Unable to view images while rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unable to view images while rendering
From: Dan P
Date: 11 Jan 2004 20:59:07
Message: <4001ff6b$1@news.povray.org>
"Bobby" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4001de4b8e504ec4bf698f0e0@news.povray.org...
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a problem trying to view the images while rendering on linux.
>
> I have xv installed as my image viewer but I can not get povray to show me
> the images progressivly while it renders the file?
>
> I'm using the command povray +D myscene.pov
>
> I searched through the manuals as well as this list but could not find
> anything relevant.
>
> Thanks for your help,

Just thinking off the top of my head:

1. Try putting: "Display=true" in your .ini file instead.
2. If you're not using a povray.ini file, it's a lot easier to deal with
than command-line switches.
3. Also, try "povray myscene.pov -display localhost:0" and see if that
works.
4. If that doesn't work, try "xhost +", and then step 3.