POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : text on a object Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  text on a object (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Roland Vansteenkiste
Subject: text on a object
Date: 1 Jan 2003 01:47:58
Message: <3e12900d.824764@news.povray.org>
Happy newyear everybody

Is it possible to put povray-text on the surface of an object like a
sphere or to make it more complicated the surface of an SOR?

Thakns for any reply

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: text on a object
Date: 1 Jan 2003 09:51:16
Message: <cjameshuff-1A8986.09470301012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e12900d.824764@news.povray.org>,
 rol### [at] pibe (Roland Vansteenkiste) wrote:

> Is it possible to put povray-text on the surface of an object like a
> sphere or to make it more complicated the surface of an SOR?

The object pattern was created just for this. It is a block pattern,
like checkers: it takes two textures and an object, and uses one for any
areas within the pattern object, and the other for areas outside.
There's an example of using it in the demo scenes.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 09:47:03 -0500, Christopher James Huff
<cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>In article <3e12900d.824764@news.povray.org>,
> rol### [at] pibe (Roland Vansteenkiste) wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to put povray-text on the surface of an object like a
>> sphere or to make it more complicated the surface of an SOR?
>
>The object pattern was created just for this. It is a block pattern,
>like checkers: it takes two textures and an object, and uses one for any
>areas within the pattern object, and the other for areas outside.
>There's an example of using it in the demo scenes.

Thanks Christopher for the quick reply but I will try to explain what
I want. In the object_pattern scene file the text is placed
horizontally on the object. But I want to place the text vertically
(sitting or standing on the object surface)

Greetings from Belgium

Post a reply to this message