POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : text on a object : Re: text on a object Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:51:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text on a object
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 3 Jan 2003 16:01:26
Message: <cjameshuff-236AB8.15572203012003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e153de6.685399@news.povray.org>,
 rol### [at] pibe (Roland Vansteenkiste) wrote:

> My goal is  placing a text object on a predifined curve (or object)
> and I want POV to do all the calculations needed to do that. I've
> posted a gif file FLEXICYBER.GIF in the images group to show wath i'm
> trying to do. Each letter is one text object and placed (and
> calculated) manually. My goal is to make the word one object and to
> let POV do all the calculations and placement.

Well, the best way would be to use a macro that takes a text string and
lines the characters up on a spline. You could then do something like:

object {SplineText(MySpline, Size, Spacing, "myfont.ttf", "Hello")}

There is no existing macro that I know of which does this, but it would
not be too difficult to write. The reorientation transformation in
transforms.inc would come in useful. I'll try to cook one up if I have
time.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/