POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : text on a object : Re: text on a object Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text on a object
From: Roland Vansteenkiste
Date: 3 Jan 2003 02:37:50
Message: <3e153de6.685399@news.povray.org>
>I am confused about your goal, however you can try using a vector for the
>final parameter of the text object if your font is fixed width (maybe).
>
>Such as:
>
>text {
>        ttf "arial.ttf", "abcdabcd", 0.1, < -1/2, -1, 0 >
>                pigment { color rgb 1 }
>}
>
>Reason I'm confused... I saw previous messages and wondered if you wanted
>something like uv mapping. For instance, taking a image map of text and
>applying in a way that conforms to every curvature of a object.

My goal is  placing a text object on a predifined curve (or object)
and I want POV to do all the calculations needed to do that. I've
posted a gif file FLEXICYBER.GIF in the images group to show wath i'm
trying to do. Each letter is one text object and placed (and
calculated) manually. My goal is to make the word one object and to
let POV do all the calculations and placement.

Roland