POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : new to raytracing in general, is moray the way to go? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  new to raytracing in general, is moray the way to go? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: neko
Subject: new to raytracing in general, is moray the way to go?
Date: 11 Mar 2003 11:20:51
Message: <3e6e0ce3@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've just started playing around with POV-Ray by going through the tutorials
(and being overwhelmed), but I'm really not a big fan of the concept of
creating a scene using the SDL - is Moray a great way to use POV-Ray for
creating scenes of any complexity? Are there any drawbacks to using Moray
rather than POVRay by itself (apart from the shareware licence).

My current plan is to get the hang of everything in the "Beginning Tutorial"
section (basic shapes, CSG, lighting etc) and see if I'm still enjoying
myself!

cheers,

--
cheers,