POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: james lake
Subject: Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background
Date: 11 Jan 2009 15:20:01
Message: <web.496a5387cd24b95e7352b36c0@news.povray.org>
Hello:

I am creating an animation with a metallic object which will be used later with
other (live action) film footage.  I've created the object and have the
background set to "background { color Green }" and found this works well with
my video editing software.

However, when I run the animation I notice the metallic surface of the object
picks up the Greenish color of the background.  To prevent this, I chose these
settings:
                pigment { LightGray }
                finish { ambient .95
                diffuse .1
                specular 1
                roughness .1
                //metallic  <- decided against this at some point
                reflection {
                  .015
                  metallic
                  }
                }

But I am not happy with the result as it looks plain and gray.  What settings
should I use to simulate an aluminum, metallic (only somewhat shiny) surface?

Thanks,

James

Post a reply to this message