POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background : Re: Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background
From: triple r
Date: 11 Jan 2009 16:00:01
Message: <web.496a5d2dc252f335ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
"james lake" <gum### [at] sprintmailcom> wrote:
> However, when I run the animation I notice the metallic surface of the object
> picks up the Greenish color of the background.  To prevent this, I chose these
> settings:

You probably want to play with no_image, no_reflection, and no_shadow keywords.
Use two backdrops: a green one with no_reflection so it is not reflected, and a
second with no_image so you only see its reflection.  Attached is a very quick
example of how you could use this to achieve a green backdrop on a reflective
object.

 - Ricky

camera{
    location <0,2,-3>
    look_at <0,1,0>
}
light_source{<1,10,-1> rgb 1 shadowless}

//Ground + sky:
sphere{0,1
    pigment{
        gradient y