POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background : Re: Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metallic Objects with Green Screen Background
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 12 Jan 2009 13:16:42
Message: <496b890a$1@news.povray.org>
I couldn't find anything on HDR illumination in the release notes for 3.7 beta,
although here's the mega-pov tutorial:
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.2/tutorials_hdri.html

with some documentation:
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.2/patterns.html#hdr

I don't know if syntax is compatible.

I think this is relevant to the alpha-channel background:

http://www.povray.org/beta/

   Alpha Changes
   -------------

   Some changes have been made to the way alpha is handled when +UA is activated.
   Firstly, in previous versions, specifying a background with the background
   keyword would by default supply a background with transmit set to 1.0 (i.e.
   fully transparent provided that +ua is being used). This is no longer the case.

   While the default background is transparent, any background specified in a
   scene file (unless 3.6 or earlier compatibility is being used) will now be
   opaque unless transmit is explicitly given. (In other words, use rgbft<>
   rather than rgb<> in the background statement if you want the old behaviour).

   Secondly, the way that objects are blended with the background has changed.
   Previously the color of the background was not taken into account when
   calculating effects of transmission through translucent objects when +ua is
   in effect (i.e. where the background could otherwise have been seen through
   the object). Now, however, the background color is taken into account, even
   if it is not otherwise visible. (In other words, blending is performed in the
   same way regardless of the presence of background transparency).

   Note that this change is not affected by the #version directive, so it may
   change the appearance of scenes written for version 3.6 and earlier. We will
   monitor feedback on this from beta testers to evaluate the impact of this.