POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using texture to apply rough edges to an object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Using texture to apply rough edges to an object (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: bc
Subject: Using texture to apply rough edges to an object
Date: 7 Sep 2006 02:45:01
Message: <web.44ffbde6328d59aff79a0050@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone-

I'm working on my first povray scene and have run into a problem I can't
figure out and haven't found an answer for in my searches.  I made a map
object for the scene and would like to make the edges of the map look old
and ragged.  I am currently using three textures layered on the map and had
hoped to apply a fourth texture which would force a somewhat random
transparency around the edges of the map.  Here's a render of the scene I'm
working on:

http://www.eastex.net/billcline/files/startmap2.JPG

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm working on my first povray scene and have run into a problem I can't
> figure out and haven't found an answer for in my searches.  I made a map
> object for the scene and would like to make the edges of the map look old
> and ragged.  I am currently using three textures layered on the map and
> had
> hoped to apply a fourth texture which would force a somewhat random
> transparency around the edges of the map.  Here's a render of the scene
> I'm
> working on:
>
> http://www.eastex.net/billcline/files/startmap2.JPG
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.

The easy answer would be to do the edge of the map in a paint program, like
the map itself is already made in, and make the borders ragged and
transparant (alpha channel).

By the way: nice scene and nice map :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message